East Coast Bays Rugby hosts a strong touch tournament yearly that caters for all levels of players. Get a team togeather from workmates, teammates or just mates and come join us for some fun and exercise in the sun. Bar is open nightly for cool refreshments after (Please note rule 11 below).
Wednesday Nights: Men’s Open / Men’s Over 50 / Mixed Open
Thursday Nights: Mixed Open / Men’s over 35
Registration Days: Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th September from 6pm -7pm at the Club
Download Registration Form Here (click on link/ignore dropbox sign up/download to print)
Conditions of Entry
- Entry fee of $550 per team to be paid in full on registration day (Cash, Eftpos or Cheque).
- Fees increase to $600 per team from October 1st
- Each team to have a minimum of 10 players and a maximum of 14 players.
- Each team must nominate a manager.
- The teams must have shirts of the same colour and must have numbers.
- Cancellations due to field closures will be notified on the facebook page by 5pm.
- A player must register for only one team per section per night. (a section being defined as: eg. Men’s Open, Men’s Over 35 Mixed, Men’s Over 50’s)
- In mixed competitions, the maximum number of males allowed on the field is three (3)
(Cash, Eftpos, Cheque, Online Direct Credit)
Bank details for direct payment are as follows:
East Coast Bays Rugby Football Club Inc
Bank a/c: 12-3059-0281410-04
Please include the team name on the reference
Contact: Email: Domini Beale or Ph:02102469816
Important Rules to Note
- Each team must supply their own touch ball.
- If a game is cancelled, the cancellations will be notified on the facebook page by 5pm the day of the game.
- In the case of a cancellation, go to the next game on the draw, i.e. if week two is cancelled go to week three.
- Just like players referees can make mistakes. Verbal and physical abuse of the any referee will not be tolerated.
- Verbal abuse of referees will result in suspension of two weeks for the person(s) involved.
- Physical abuse of referees will result in player(s) being banned from the East Coast Bays Touch module and facilities.
- Any player sent off during a game will receive an automatic two week suspension, which will be reviewed by the judicial committee to ensure the penalty is sufficient and justified.
- A second offence will result in an automatic ban from playing within the East Coast Bays Touch Module for the 2016/2017 season.
- The module rules are as per the NZ touch Rule Book (available at stationers).
- The East Coast Bays Rugby Club will be open each night for refreshments and food.
- No Drinking on the fields or in the car parks at any time. Alcohol may only be purchased from the bar and consumed in the clubrooms. This is due to the liquor licensing rules. Anyone disobeying this rule will be asked to leave the grounds. If a team disobeys more than once then they face having their team disqualified from the competition.
- The competition points are as follows:
Win : 3 points
Bye : 3 points
Draw : 2 points
Forfeit : No Points