The East Coast Bays Rugby Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Bruce Wigglesworth as Head Coach for Bays 7’s teams in 2014/15. Assisting Bruce, will be Rhys (Recco) Bennett as Men’s & Colts coach, Nalu Tuigamala as Women’s 7’s Coach ,plus Brad (Lammie) Thomson as manager and Tim Ball as Trainer.
With speedsters like Josh York, Jona Tuitoga and Jason Donnelly, plus the return to Bays from secondary school of some very exciting Bays Juniors, Bays will be once again be very competitive in Rugby 7’s. Bays has some exciting talent coming to the club, so if you’re keen to have a go and have some fun playing some sevens, get in touch with the coaches.
The Management team contacts are;
- Bruce Wigglesworth – Head Coach -phone 021 412 374, email Bruce@urbandesignnz.co.nz
- Rhys Bennett – Coach Men’s Open & Men’s Colts
- Nalu Tuigamala-Women’s 7’s Coach
- Brad Thompson – Manager
- Tim Ball -Trainer
Bays will enter at least 3 tournaments:
- Mt Maunganui -October 18th 2014
- Harbour Club -November 1st 2014
- Glenfield – November 15th 2014
Bays will run a combined training squad of all players including U20 Colts, commencing with 4 weeks of training prior to the tournament at the Mount, starting on Tuesday 23rd September 2014 at Windsor Park. The pattern before each tournament will be; will be
- 1st 2 weeks =1 x training/week –Fitness, ball work, tackle
- weeks 3 & 4= 2 x trainings/week –fitness, game plan, kick-offs , lineout, scrums
Watch the Bay’s Rugby Facebook and the website, www.bays rugby.co.nz for more information. Fitness & conditioning programs will be provided to the players prior to the season by Tim Ball. Harbour 7’s Coach Geoff Alley and Harbour Rugby’s Coach & Player Development Officer, Bill Wigglesworth, will assist with advice and Rugby Skills sessions